Take Your First Step to a Career in Medical Assisting
You’ve been wanting a career in healthcare. Alaska Career College can help you
Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
Medical assistants are vital in the day-to-day work of most healthcare facilities. As a graduate of Alaska Career College’s medical assisting program, you'll prepare to join the in-demand healthcare field and help patients have a positive experience.
As an Alaska Career College student, you'll be training on the clinical operation of healthcare facilities.
You'll learn to:
- Assist the physician
- Draw blood, give injections and assist with minor surgeries
- Perform routine laboratory procedures
- Handle financial records, correspondence, insurance claims, and other administrative functions
Our goal is for you to be in a successful entry-level position as a medical assistant.
What will I learn in the Alaska Career College Medical Assistant program?
- Medical Terminology
- Hands-On Skill Training
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology dosages and calculations
- Insurance Claims — Processing and Management
- Administrative Skills for Medical Offices
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Employer-Sponsored Externship Experience
- Networking with Industry Professionals
Take the next step to become a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant!
Life Changing Career Training
Discover why Alaska Career College's student-first approach, individual attention, and caring community set us apart from other career colleges and universities.